Both magnetic poles on the earth move, but can you make the magnetic poles on a magnet move? The simulation compares the magnetic field of a bar magnet to the magnetic field of the earth. A compass measures the changes as scholars vary the strength and distance of the magnet as they manipulate the simulation.
- Use a magnet and compass in class to show the interactions between them
- Assumes prior knowledge of polarity
- Includes a document that offers insights into student thinking, an overview of the controls, and ideas for differentiation
- Provides links to seven lesson plans that use the simulation
- Translates into more than 50 languages, making it great for international students