This Make a Conjecture—Cardiac Output, Rates of Change, and Accumulation lesson plan also includes:
Pour your heart into a resource on cardiac output. The first of four lessons introduces the investigation pupils carry out over the course of the Cardiac Output unit. Scholars make conjectures on the relationship between time and temperature of the ice water injected into a probe measuring cardiac output.
- Team up with a biology teacher for the lesson
- Pupils should have some experience with bivariate relationships
- Learners must be familiar with conjectures
- Provides questions to use with learners during discussion
- Gives a link to a video showing how to measure cardiac output