This Make a Sculpture activity & project also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
The Renaissance period included lots of sculpture, and other kinds of art cut from marble. To provide your class with a similar experience, invite them to create a sculpture of their own out of gray or white modeling clay. Explain to your budding artists that the subject of their sculptures will be a Renaissance artist. Do this activity in class by using self-hardening clay or assign it as a homework assignment (preferably over the weekend) so each student has time to build the sculpture.
- Hands-on, creative, and fun activity of modeling the behavior of Renaissance period sculptors/artists
- Art supplies will need to purchased or provided to the class
- This activity will be time-consuming and may be difficult for learners to complete without adult instruction
- Involves the use of an oven, so safety precautions should be provided to the class before the assignment is handed out. To modify, use of self-hardening clay and skip the oven all together
- The book mentioned in the instructions is not included. Before giving out the assignment, provide your class with some background or learning materials on renaissance sculptures