This Make Predictions by Previewing video also includes:
What can you learn from the title of a story? This short video invites you to explore this question with your students, as well as review the key steps of previewing a text. While the resource focuses more on how to find the meaning of unknown words in the title of a story, rather than the various parts of the previewing process (i.e. researching the author, examining illustrations, etc.), it can serve as a good starting point for your next literary adventure. This is the first video in the series that uses "The Reformation of Jimmy Valentine-Safe Cracker (Realistic Fiction)."
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Includes a brief core lesson on how to break down a word using its roots
- Access to complete text of excerpt featured in the video
- Narrator speaks quickly (you may need to pause the video to elaborate on concepts)
- Some front-loading on root words would be useful