This Manufacturing: Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) Shielding Gas Mix lesson plan also includes:
- Graphic & Image
- Join to access all included materials
Middle schoolers apply math to the real-world skill of choosing the correct shielding gas mixture for welding. Even if you do not have shielding gas cylinders on hand for demonstrating, the concepts of converting percentages into decimals are still easily taught. The teacher's guide is thoroughly written and includes diagrams, narrative, and sample problems to work with the class. You will also find a selection of varied worksheets that can be assigned for practice.
- Well-written teacher's notes
- Four different worksheets to choose from
- Though the math concepts are sound, few learners will relate to the topic of shielding gases
- Many of the standards listed are not clearly addressed in the teacher notes