Before writing a narrative paragraph, map it out! Provide writers with a graphic organizer to help plan a descriptive paragraph. The prompt looks closely at the beginning, middle, and end, specifically the topic sentence, details, and a strong closing sentence.
- Direct pupils to attach the graphic organizer to the left side of their interactive writing notebook so they can reference it easily as they write on the right side of the notebook
- Create heterogeneous writing groups to allow higher level working pupils support their peers that required additional help
- The option to draw pictures offers support for learners in need of writing assistance
- Adequate space is provided for pupils to write directly on the worksheet
- The page is clear and easy to follow