This Marathon Math lesson plan also includes:
Getting ready for a marathon—what does math have to do with it? Groups conduct research on what it takes to prepare for a marathon. Scholars explore exercise plans and proper nutrition, then prepare a presentation and a brochure to share the information learned.
- Have the physical education teacher provide background information for training to run a long race
- Class members should understand sequences
- Groups need access to desktop publishing software
- Includes a sample presentation and brochure
- Contains links to general class accommodations for struggling learners
- Provides very little structure for the lesson