This Mass Transit Living Lab: Improving West Corridor Design lesson plan also includes:
In a battle of Denver's east and west corridors, the east wins—at least in terms of mass transit. The first of five installments in the Mass Transit Living Lab series introduces the main purpose of the unit. It has pupils brainstorm issues with the west corridor's mass transit system and ways to improve it.
- Invite a transportation engineer to give a presentation
- Resource suggests that instructors investigate the interactive before using in class
- Note that there are four associated activities for the lesson
- Includes some assessment options
- Provides background information for teachers
- Learners not living in the Denver area may not find the activity to be relevant