This Mat Plans—Using Cubes and Isometric Drawings lesson plan also includes:
Mat plans combine the aerial view with the number of levels at each point. Middle schoolers compare an isometric drawing with a mat plan as part of the fourth lesson plan in a six-part series. They practice making their own mat plans and use them to solve problems.
- Relate this to topographic maps
- Discuss what a mat plan for this building would look like
- Relies on knowledge from the prior lessons in the unit
- Includes questions for teacher reflection
- Meets NCTM standards as well as Common Core