Middle schoolers research the origins of Latin music in Cuba and then engage in a project that asks them to combine math skills and knowledge of musical rhythms to create their own 10-measure Latin music rhythm display.
22 Views 49 Downloads
- Set the stage for the lesson by having Cuban music playing as class members enter the room
- Invite a math teacher with a music background to talk with the class about the mathematics of music
- Presumes instructors have a solid background in music education as well as in the mathematics of music
- Would work best in an introduction to music or instrumental music class
- Includes templates for the various handouts and a rubric for the mini-project
- The resource does not offer suggestions for musical selections