This Mathematics as Communication lesson plan also includes:
What would a graph of your pupils' knowledge look like over time? An inquiry-based lesson asks pupils to create graphs that are a function of time. They use a graph to model speed compared to time and frequency of occurrence over time. By the end of the lesson, their knowledge versus time graph should look exponential!
- Use as an introduction to graphing and analyzing graphs of two-variable data
- Ask individuals to graph their rides to school on a typical morning
- Requires previous experience with the coordinate plane
- Includes solutions to problems in each activity
- Expects individuals to use higher order thinking skills to make inferences and conclusions