Two pages on discussion skills and providing evidence are a great addition to your language arts class. The first page encourages kids to use active listening techniques when debating or discussing a topic, and the second page provides ways for kids to back up their opinions, either in discussion or in writing.
- Distribute before working on a group discussion or Socratic conversation
- Display on classroom walls to remind kids of discussion rules and etiquette
- Use worksheets in a peer counseling or mediation session
- Easy to understand and applicable to many types of lessons
- Helpful when establishing rules and norms of your classroom community