This Mid-Latitude Cyclones and Climate Change lesson plan also includes:
Is it likely that in the future there will be more tornadoes per year? The last installment of a four-part module looks at mid-latitude cyclones such as tornadoes and blizzards. Scholars research historical data on these storms and then investigate projections for the future.
- Have individuals conduct a web quest on major tornadoes in the past few years
- Provide copies of the presentation to learners
- Lesson builds on previous knowledge on weather and climate
- Includes a few quiz questions to use after the lesson and activity
- Provides a PowerPoint presentation to use in class
- Shows the outdated Fujita scale rather than the Enhanced Fujita scale currently in use