This Model Rocket assessment also includes:
Create a model of a model rocket. Given a scenario of flying a model rocket and the equation that models the height of the rocket, pupils create a graph of the situation. The learners must label the axis and determine an appropriate scale and domain to accurately reflect the scenario.
- Lead a discussion on reasonable domains for real-life situations
- Have class members use their graphs to answer questions about the situation such as the maximum height and how long the rocket stays aloft
- Individuals should know how to graph a quadratic equation
- Provides the coordinate axes to use for the graph
- Includes examples of pupils' work