This Modeling Bacterial Transformation lesson plan also includes:
Bacteria is not always the bad guy! Show your classes how bacterial replication is an advantage in biotechnology. Learners explore the function of bacteria in replicating DNA and producing transgenic organisms. This is the final lesson in the 10-part series.
- Begin with a review of key vocabulary
- Lesson requires significant prep time and an assortment of materials
- Requires access to the Internet for watching animations
- Provides a cost-effective alternative to completing bacterial transformation
- Uses a hands-on approach to modeling a microscopic phenomenon