This Modeling Constraints (Summer Money) activity & project also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Creating a successful business has a lot to do with mathematics. Budding entrepreneurs use information about different constraints such as costs, area, and time that apply to a pet-sitting business to determine the best business model. Using inequalities, they create a graph that models each constraint simultaneously and draw conclusions from the results.
- Have learners graph inequalities using a graphing calculator or similar technology
- Give each group a different set of constraints to analyze and then compare results
- Expects proficiency with creating equations and inequalities for linear patterns
- Includes constraint information for group work
- Provides ideas for connecting the task to business