This Modeling Orbital Debris Problems lesson plan also includes:
Combat space junk with functions. Scholars use linear, quadratic, and exponential functions to model the amount of debris in space. Using calculators, spreadsheets, or other graphing programs, they decide which model is best and use it to solve problems.
- Collaborate with an earth science teacher for the unit
- Pupils should be familiar with how to write linear, quadratic, and exponential models
- Some type of graphing utility, such as a graphing calculator or spreadsheet, is necessary for the activity; use whichever learners are most comfortable with
- Incorporates technology in the math classroom
- Includes several different worksheets to accompany the activity