An engaging simulation encourages scholars to discover if the Bohr model of an atom is correct. They shoot light at a hydrogen atom in various conditions to see which of the many models is plausible or inadequate.
7 Views 7 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Create a timeline of the discovery of the structure of atoms including the Bohr model, DeBroglie wavelength, and the Schrodinger model
- Requires Java 1.5.0_15 or later on Windows and Linux and Java 1.5.0_19 or later on Macs
- Assumes learners are familiar with the parts of an atom and electron diagrams
- Includes a PDF with a guide to the controls, how to simplify the model, and insights into student thinking
- Offers links to 22 teacher-submitted lessons that use the simulation
- Translates into more than 30 languages