Although somewhat similar to the ancient Olympic Games, the modern Olympic Games introduced different sports, adopted new values, and brought countries together. In a cloze activity, class members read about the modern Olympics and complete sentences by filling in the blanks using words from a word bank.
- Use the sheet with an ancient Olympic cloze activity, and have class members compare and contrast the changes in the Olympic Games
- Time the cloze assignment
- Provide dictionaries for learners to check their work
- Review the words in the word bank prior distributing
- Enables pupils to comprehend as they read
- Does not include an answer key