This Money Matters: Where Does It Go? lesson plan also includes:
Does Bob make enough to live on his own? Given a hypothetical scenario, pupils determine whether Bob should continue to live at home, share an apartment, or live on his own. They determine Bob's take-home salary and build a budget for each of the three living scenarios. Scholars find out which living option gets Bob the most out of his income.
- Have classmates determine the percentage of each category in the budget
- Lead a brainstorming session on the costs associated with living alone, sharing an apartment, or living at home
- Individuals should understand the idea of budgets
- Provides expense categories and costs
- Includes suggestions for assessment strategies
- Does not contain an answer key or samples answers