This Monty Python's SPAMALOT: Study Guide activity & project also includes:
The Knights of the Round Table may be serious when it comes to battle, but in their downtime, they like to have a little fun. A study guide for Monty Python's SPAMALOT shares a more humorous element of the Middle Ages. Theater-goers receive an introduction to the musical and learn the historical context surrounding it before completing a few creative writing and acting activities.
- Challenge learners to pen a funny song about King Arthur or one of the other knights to pitch to the musical's writers
- If you cannot see the play in person, choose songs from the soundtrack to listen to and discuss instead
- Aligns with Florida state standards for language arts, theater, and music
- Includes many pictures from the musical and the time period
- Provides discussion questions to encourage deeper thinking
- May prove difficult to access a copy of the performance for classroom use