This More Trains—Counting the Trains lesson plan also includes:
Trains, trains, and more trains! Building on the first lesson of the series, learners build trains to create a pattern using Cuisenaire Rods. They describe model the pattern with a recursive formula and use technology to calculate an explicit exponential formula.
- Have the extension activity ready for early finishers
- Incorporate during a unit on exponential functions
- Expects a basic understanding of writing recursive rules
- Includes additional resources on the same topic
- Provides answer keys for each part of the lesson