This Multiply a Fraction by a Whole Number Using Visual Models and Repeated Additon video also includes:
Learning how to visualize is an important step in the growth of young mathematicians. The first video in this two-part series helps learners develop this ability by using visual models to explain multiplication of fractions by whole numbers. After watching the instructor work through two examples, a Guided Practice problem is provided that gives students a chance to demonstrate their understanding. Use this resource for whole class instruction or, if access to technology permits, assign the video as an independent learning activity.
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Provides a review of fractions using numbers, pictures, and number lines
- Describes a common mistake for learners to avoid when multiplying fractions by whole numbers
- Video is available as a downloadable slide show presentation
- Extension activities are provided at the end of the slide show
- Additional practice problems are required to help learners develop this skill