This Multiply a Negative Integer by a Negative Integer by Thinking About Equal Groups video also includes:
Sometimes a visual is the best way to show a tricky topic like multiplying two negatives together. This video introduces a product box that uses plus and minus signs to represent integers during multiplication. Show your learners how -5 x -3 means to take away five groups of three negatives which leaves 15 as the product. Use the prior two videos for more examples with the product box. This is the fifth video in a six-part series.
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Visual examples of multiplying two negative numbers
- Use the slides provided for extra practice and a quick quiz
- Notes template provided as graphic organizer
- May be a new concept for some learners requiring extra practice