This Multiply a Negative Integer by a Positive Integer by Thinking About Equal Groups video also includes:
Multiplying with negatives can be a concept that is hard to visualize. This video demonstrates with a product box how to create "zero pairs" and remove the positives to result in a negative solution. It explains what a product box is and how we use the plus and minus signs as numbers. This is the fourth video in a six-part series. Use the prior video to show multiplication with the positive number first.
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Introduces a visual representation of multiplying a negative by a positive
- Use the extension activities in slides for more practice and quick quiz
- Notes template provided as graphic organizer
- May be a new concept for some learners, therefore requiring extra practice
- Does not show how to multiply when negative is the second factor