This Multiply a Positive Integer by a Negative Integer by Thinking About Equal Groups video also includes:
The rule says that the product of a positive and negative is always negative, but how do you show that? This video demonstrates how we take a negative number and multiply it by a positive to get more groups of negatives. A product box is used with plus and minus signs to represent the integers. This is the third video in a six-part series. Use the next video to show multiplication when the negative is first.
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Uses a visual to demonstrate the product of a positive and negative
- Use extension activities in slides for more practice and a quick quiz
- Notes template provided as a graphic organizer
- Does not show examples when the negative number comes first