This Multiply Fractions by Whole Numbers: Using Models video also includes:
Visual models are invaluable tools when teaching about fractions. Follow along as the instructor works through two examples, providing clear verbal and visual explanations of the steps for multiplying fractions by whole numbers. Young mathematicians then work through the Guided Practice word problem to apply their understanding in a real-world context.
- Though this video is the second in a two part series, consider watching it first to better support learners as they acquire this new skill.
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Provides a brief review of fractions using numbers, pictures, and number lines
- Guided Practice video presents multiple approaches to solving the word problem
- Requires additional practice problems to help learners develop this skill