This Multiply Fractions by Whole Numbers: Using Repeated Addition video also includes:
Prior experience with addition of fractions guides young mathematicians as they learn how to multiply fractions by whole numbers. The first video in this two-part series outlines this process with clear explanations and examples. Afterward, learners practice this new skill with a word problem in the Guided Practice video, providing a real-world context for multiplying fractions.
- Watch as a whole class, or have students view the video independently if the technology is available
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Includes a review of fractions using numbers, pictures, and number lines
- Makes connections between repeated addition and the standard method for multiplying fractions
- Assumes prior knowledge about converting improper fractions into mixed numbers