This Multiplying Integers Using Videotape lesson plan also includes:
Lights, camera ... math? Put some action in your upcoming multiplication of integers lesson with a thought-provoking activity. Algebra all-stars get acquainted with the idea of positive and negative rates by observing the forward and reverse movements of a classmate on video. The teacher's guide includes printables and tips for execution.
- Give pupils time at the end of the activity to compare their predictions and outcomes, then write short reflections on them
- Circulate among small groups during discussion periods to steer their thinking in the right direction, if necessary
- Create small groups within the class and seat them together before beginning the lesson
- Activity is simple, innovative, and engaging
- Structure of the lesson promotes understanding of the concepts rather than memorization