This Music and Sound: Dance Party lesson plan also includes:
Dance for joy at finding a useful lesson. An engaging computer science activity asks pupils to design an animation of a dance party using Scratch. They learn how to apply different code blocks in their programs, such as the forever, wait, repeat, move and glide, and next costume commands.
- Invite a dance instructor to give a presentation
- Have the class create graphic organizers summarizing and comparing different code blocks
- Learners should be familiar with Scratch block-based coding from the introductory activity
- Second of eight parts in the CS First Music and Sound unit
- Provides example projects to reference
- Includes detailed instructions for both facilitators and club participants