Practice parenthood with this baby simulator. Feed, bathe, diaper, and entertain a three-month old virtual baby for two days. Make sure to keep up the food, energy, and comfort levels.
- Name the baby
- Choose the race (European, African, or Asian)
- Difficulty (Beginner or Advanced)
- Choose the gender
Discrete actions can be taken to ensure that the baby's food, energy, and comfort levels, which are displayed as bars, remain sufficient for the baby's health and happiness. The following action categories can be accessed at the bottom of the screen:
- Carriage icon:
- Hire a nanny
- Put into cradle
- Take baby in your arms
- Put baby back
- Take for a walk
- Come back home
- Bottle icon:
- Wake up
- Feed the baby
- Use dusting powder
- Measure the temperature
- Bathe the baby
- Give medicine
- Use a wet wipe
- Clothing icon:
- Put on the diaper
- Take off the diaper
- Put on the underwear
- Put on the outerwear
- Take off clothes
- Teddy Bear icon:
- Shake the rattle
- Sing a lullaby
- Give pacifier
- Lull (Rock the baby)
Selections across the top of the screen:
- Menu - Takes you back to main menu
- Question Mark button - Information and feedback
- Clock button - Fast forward or shop
- Book button - Displays score and timed log of baby's condition
At the main screen, you can choose to continue, start a new game, submit feedback, link to developer's website, view the shop and your credits, or access the game center.
The app occasionally freezes up
Third party ads, automatic posting to publisher's website, and no teacher control
How techie do I need to be?
Follow a sex education lesson with one on human development. Have your class download this free app onto their own mobile devices and assign parenting practice for a weekend project.
Unless individuals share their login information with you, there is no way for you to monitor or assess their success. Have each participant use their school e-mail address, but assign the same password for everyone so that you can have access to everyone's My Baby Sim log. Another option for monitoring would be to have each student personally show you their score and baby's condition in the Book feature.
Be aware that there are grammatical and word usage errors within the app and on the developer's website.
The baby cries and notifications will appear on the mobile device when the baby needs attention whether or not the app is open.
An in-app purchase of credits allows you to remove ads, fast forward, and buy additional clothes for the baby. Another in-app purchase is a fast forward button that speeds the baby's changes so that there is less time just waiting around with a happy baby.
- Publisher's website provides tips on baby care
- A log of your baby's condition is kept on publisher's website
- Realistic sound effects of baby cooing, babbling, and crying
- Timing between feedings, diaper changes, and naps is true to life
- Third party ad bar is displayed across the bottom portion of the screen
- If the baby is ignored for a period of a few hours, the app gets stuck and the only option is to start over with a new baby in a new game