This My First Apartment lesson plan also includes:
Will there be any money left over? Given occupations and a salary, roommates determine their monthly expenses to live together in an apartment. They calculate their take-home salaries and total monthly expenses to find out the amount of funds left over at the end of the month. To finish, they develop a portfolio with the details of each income and expenses—a great real-world lesson!
- Extend the lesson by having pairs research salaries and expenses
- Have each class develop a budget to include saving for retirement
- Each group needs access to the Internet and a printer
- Contains an example rubric
- Provides suggestions for extensions
- Link to paystub is not available and data is out of date