No one knows the whole story surrounding Julius Caesar's death, but William Shakespeare's version of the event is certainly entertaining. A curriculum guide designed to accompany Julius Caesar makes the text even more engaging by including hands-on activities, in-depth discussion prompts, and plenty of opportunities for learners to take the stage. The guide covers elements of rhetoric, figurative language, and ancient Roman history.
- Enhance the activities mentioned in the guide by showing the character interview videos found on the My Shakespeare website
- Bring in some simple props, such as a sheet to make a toga or a crown of laurels to help readers get into character as they work through the play
- Clicking on the act and scene numbers leads to a digital version of the text which contains audio recordings of key scenes, definitions of unfamiliar words, and annotations for important lines
- Brings in a wide range of activities to appeal to a variety of learning styles
- Offers key questions and resources for each act of the play
- Provides a table of contents to make it easy to navigate the guide