This My Traditions lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Learners explore their family traditions through interview, art, and creative writing. They take home the included interview sheet to learn more about their ancestral celebrations and use a map to identify where their ancestors came from. Then, individuals choose one holiday or celebration to write a poem about. Art is added into the mix as they make either a drum or a rainstick typically used in Native American celebrations.
- A fun lesson that can be used as is or broken apart into individual activities
- Instructions for the art projects are included
- Several poem templates are provided
- The components of the lesson do not fully connect with one another; however, slight modifications to the lesson could turn it into a seamless experience