Finding a good sample narrative essay can be a challenge. Here's a fine resource that models for young writers how to hook readers' attention and how to use words that show rather than tell. A great addition to your curriculum library.
1 Collection 122 Views 121 Downloads
- The worksheets can be used for direct instruction, as group work for guided practice, or independently as a check for understanding
- The packet includes worksheets as well as the sample essay
- The worksheets ask readers to identify the narrative hook, the setting, theme, and characters in the essay
- Readers also list words that create the mood of the tale
- Readers are encouraged to evaluate the effectiveness of the various elements of essay