Let's pretend! Ben Bova's short story "Moonwalk" is used as a mentor text in a unit that shows kids how to create their own imaginative narratives. A great resource that deserves a special place in your curriculum library.
118 Views 89 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Coordinate the writing program with other fourth grade teachers
- Save copies of student writings for subsequent years to serve as examples
- Have kids illustrate and publish their stories
- An optional addition to a year-long, sequenced, writing program designed for fourth graders, the unit would work equally well independently and with most grade levels
- The 90-page packet includes scripted plans, sample stories, worksheets, graphic organizers, exercises, activities, a basic plot template, and a bibliography of mentor texts that may be used to illustrate elements of story telling