Don't get stuck trying to figure out what to write about; use this action-packed narrative writing prompt to get minds and pencils working.
81 Views 89 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Conduct and showcase this writing activity around Back to School Night or Open House as a writing example for families to read while visiting the classroom
- Invite learners to share their events or celebrations with the class as a prewriting session to inspire writers and aid those that have a difficult time finding a story topic
- Scholars should be familiar with the narrative writing process
- One page may not be enough for writers with large print or who have a lot to tell; attach additional sheets of paper so writers can share all their ideas
- The prompt is specific, yet gives pupils freedom to write creatively
- The lines provided for writing are close together which may be a challenge for some writers