Do your scholars need help getting started with a writing assignment? Look no further than this narrative writing prompt that supports the creation of a mystery tale. Learners answers questions and provide details that guide them to producing a story filled with suspense.
- Read a variety of mystery books to provide written examples pupils can aspire to when planning their own mystery
- After completing this worksheet, ask writers to share one element they are proud of or an element they feel needs support
- Copies of the worksheet are required
- Story elements may need to be reviewed prior to assigning this prewriting activity
- The questions provide a well-rounded start to the writing process by including the necessary attributes of a successful mystery
- Beware grammar and spelling mistakes