This Natural Selection lesson plan also includes:
Ever wondered what would happen if the Earth changed significantly? Explore this question and others with your class as they investigate microbial selection. Individuals use varying sizes of beans to conduct an experiment to demonstrate change caused by alterations in variables they control. The instructional activity concludes with a discussion on natural selection and its benefits as well as risks.
- Research the topic of natural selection and how it has caused specific organisms to adapt over the course of one million years
- Individuals should understand how to make graphs
- Resource assumes pupils have prior knowledge of natural selection before beginning this activity
- Ability to divide the experiment into two class periods allows more time for supplemental information and encourages questions from the class
- Includes both teacher and student references to ensure understanding from each party