This New York City Immigration unit also includes:
New York City has long been a destination for European immigrants coming to the United States. Young historians complete a four-to-five week unit on immigration, studying the reasons why people immigrated and the living conditions in New York. Academics complete group discussions, writing assignments, and hands-on activities to understand the lack of housing and the difficulties finding work.
- Have pupils draw pictures of what life was like for immigrants coming to New York
- Lead a group discussion on times learners have been new to a place and how they felt
- Does not provide all required materials
- Provides primary sources
- Lessons include additional activities and trip ideas to enhance the learning experience
- The link has been updated and requires searching on the website