This Numbers and Words: 1-10 lesson plan also includes:
- Lesson Plan
- Join to access all included materials
Use the 2014 Sochi Olympic Games to guide your teaching of numbers to young learners. After counting to 10 as a whole class, discuss different ways numbers are used in the Olympics. Then, break the class into 10 groups, asking each one to draw a picture showing a different number of objects between one and 10. Finally, introduce the word forms of each number, creating a set cards that can later be used to play a game of memory. A simple, yet effective, lesson plan for developing an early understanding of numbers.
- Offers ideas to extend learning about numbers less than 10
- Provides Olympic examples that demonstrate how numbers are used in real life
- Memory game reinforces an understanding of numbers less than 10
- Provides only a loose connection between numbers and the Olympic games