Is your lesson plan for numeracy feeling a little ... insignificant? Add an informative video to show pupils precisely what they need to know! Young chemists dive into the world of significant figures with a video from the JFR Science playlist. The narrator compares and contrasts terms often used in describing numbers in science, then shows examples of significant figure rules.
- Keep the resource on hand to remediate students struggling with significant figures
- Have the class make a graphic organizer of the rules as they watch the video
- Take a moment to review accuracy and precision before viewing
- Narrator gives excellent explanations about accuracy, precision, and certainty in scientific numbers
- Sig fig rules are written as well as spoken to appeal to all learning styles