This Ocean and Great Lakes Literacy: Principle 2 lesson plan also includes:
Young scientists will be swept away by an interesting erosion-centered lesson plan!. The second installment in a seven-part series featuring the Great Lakes and oceans examines how researchers use seafloor sediment to study events of the past. Pupils then work together to create shoreline models for use in a coastal erosion study.
- Show images that depict coastal erosion in fresh and saltwater ecosystems
- Make use of the great extensions in the plan to further your class' study of shoreline erosion
- Make color copies of maps and sediment distribution information for easier interpretation
- Have students assist in collecting materials for the shoreline models
- Lesson plan is easy to modify for different age groups and abilities
- The teacher's guide comes complete with printables and answer keys