This On Behalf of Others unit also includes:
Learners focus on the work of writers, photographers, and artists who document events and people that are unnoticed by others. After examining a photo essay by a New York Times journalist, a suite of images by Dorothea Lange, and the public art installations of JR, class members craft an essay response that presents their beliefs on the responsibilities of artists who work on behalf of others.
- Use the resource as an inspiration for senior end-of-year projects
- Designed as a Common Core-aligned task, the activities are appropriate for any classroom
- Links to the reference article and video are provided in the Included Materials section below
- The 54-page packet includes an overview of the performance task, the learning plan, suggestions for additional instructional supports for language learners and students with disabilities, and a rubric for the culminating essay
- Some of the links are broken; all the materials may be found on the Internet