Kids will have a blast counting multi-colored goldfish and tallying how many they have of each color. Simple and clear, this graphing activity features a large visual graph, section for converting tallies to numbers, and three data analysis questions.
- Calculate and graph the yellow goldfish as a class, demonstrating as learners count their own
- Once learners have completed their graphs (and assuming you have handed out the entire bag), gather class data and create a large graph of what was in the whole bag of goldfish
- Make eating their snack a learning experience—have them eat the color they had the least of first, and move in order to most
- The worksheet does not have directions or an example telling learners how to fill out the graph; make sure you explain this first
- Many concepts covered in one activity, including most and least, tallying, graphing, and addition