Reinforce math operations—addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division—with an interactive math practice that challenges scholars to read word problems and choose the operation necessary to find the right answer. Each correct response helps build a snowman that does a happy dance when the practice is complete.
- Flip the classroom; assign the link as homework then discuss and apply new-found knowledge when they return to school
- Have the page open and ready for early finishers to play when their first task is complete
- Set up multiple computers or mobile learning devices and instruct pupils to run through the activity as one of their math rotation assignments
- Each class member requires a computer or mobile learning device to take part in the interactive math practice
- If there is a lack of equipment, consider grouping peers in pairs
- The winter theme enhances pupils' engagement
- Answers are detailed through words and numbers after the participant chooses from multiple answer possibilities