This Optimal Strategies—Fibonacci Nim lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Find the optimal strategy for winning the integer game. Young scholars challenge each other to different variations of a game exploring repeated subtraction in the final installment of a three-part series. They complete the lesson by using these patterns to find the binary and Fibonacci representations of integers.
- Begin by playing several rounds against your class to highlight patterns of play
- Builds from the previous two lessons in the series
- Requires an understanding of ordered pairs
- Includes a handout for pupils to follow during the activity
- Provides ideas for differentiation