This Orbiting Satellites lesson plan also includes:
Don't let your classes go around in circles—straighten them out! An engaging lesson explores the mathematics associated with orbiting satellites. Learners use data to calculate altitude and velocity of specific satellites.
3 Views 6 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Create a handout with background information and activities; allow pupils to work independently or in groups
- Consult the science department to create a cross-curriculum unit
- Requires an understanding of the relationship between distance, speed, and time
- Includes important background information
- Incorporates a real-life situation with a math application