This Organize and Sequence Events in a Narrative video also includes:
After reading "A Pair of Silk Stockings" by Kate Chopin, middle schoolers respond to the text through a fictional narrative. An informative video starts out by reviewing the steps of the writing process. The narrator then walks the viewer through analyzing the prompt and models how to fill out a basic story map.
- Choose between the video and the provided slides when introducing the assignment to the class
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- The first in a series based on this assignment
- While a document of the graphic organizer is not included, the format is basic, so class members could draw it on a separate piece of paper
- The process is applicable to any other short story in a reading unit