This Our Constitution: Linking Words and Phrases lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Working with the organized class constitution created in the previous lesson, fourth graders learn how certain words and phrases can be used to improve the flow of a piece of writing. By reading aloud their writing, learners notice how the different sections seem very separate and disconnected from one another. Using the provided list of linking words and phrases, pupils revise their writing to smooth out the transition between each section. This lesson teaches an important writing skill and nicely concludes work on the class constitution.
- Collaborative writing activity
- Clear learning objectives
- Differentiated to support all learners
- Requires 30-45 minutes of prep time